More Security with Car Vision
Still inspecting vehicles with hand mirrors? Car Vision has good news!
With Car Vision you can replace hand mirrors and apply modern technology. No more queuing at access points, no more “false security”.
Car Vision is Prosescan’s Vehicle Underbody Inspection System. With its innovative technology, the system will help your security person quickly and accurately to detect dangerous objects such as weapons and explosives, narcotics and contraband.
Range of Applications
Both fixed and mobile, the Car Vision system offers a wide field of applications:
- Access control and protection of government buildings, airports, military institutions, embassies, nuclear plants, penitentiaries and other high security facilities.
- Customs controls of vehicles, security posts at entry points, search for contraband.
- Temporary applications during high security events, military and political summits, control by special security teams.
Car Vision as a Mobile System
- For flexible security controls in temporary or changing locations and high security applications.
- Quick assembly and disassembly and easy transport.
- For all vehicles of any weight and width.
- Available with thin aluminum ramps or robust rubber pads.
Car Vision as a Fixed System
- For sophisticated security inspections in connection with a comprehensive access control system.
- Mounted on the road surface with little structural effort.
Car Vision consists of a scanner unit, a server, a workstation and special connection cables. Plus, you can choose extra options like license plate recognition, auto comparison, vehicle guidance, traffic lights, and other options.
The scanner unit is placed in a fixed outdoor housing in fixed installations or in a mobile installation with rubber pads or aluminum ramps.
This scanner unit has a camera, a mirror and infrared LED lighting. Using a small slit in the scanner unit, the camera captures the entire underbody of a moving vehicle.
To display the scanned image in scale, the different heights of the underbody (car / truck) as well as the length of the vehicle are taken into account. The image is then displayed as a high resolution image on the user interface screen.
To simplify the correlation between the vehicle underbody images and the corresponding vehicles, an optional front camera and an automatic license plate recognition system can be integrated.
Car Vision system software provides operators with all the data collected from the vehicle on the control screen. Additional information can be entered manually.
Zoom capabilities support the identification of details up to 5 mm (0.2 ”), facilitating fast and efficient detection and analysis of suspicious objects.
All manually collected or entered data can be stored in a database under the vehicle registration number.
For recurring vehicles, the software provides the ability to compare the current bass image with an archived image of the same vehicle to identify potential deviations at first glance.
Car Vision User Interface
- Scanned image
- Front image (optional)
- Registration number (optional)
- Date and Time
- Lane (optional if there is more than one)
- Manual entry of additional information
Car Vision offers a simple extra option in case of recurring vehicles. With this extra software package, the operator can allow the system to automatically compare the current scanned image with a previous image from the same vehicle.